Legislation, Policies, Procedures & Privacy
As an RTO, The Centre for U is required to adhere to legislation designed to uphold the integrity of nationally recognised training. This includes:
- Education and Training Reform Act 2006
- Education and Training Reform Amendment (Skills) Act 2010
Additionally, The Centre for U abides by a range of other legal requirements at a State and Commonwealth level as it affects your participation in education and training. This includes but is not limited to:
- Equal Opportunity
- Fair Work (including harassment and bullying)
- Privacy and Personal Information Protection
- Student Identifiers
- Workplace Health and Safety
The Centre for U adhere to relevant legislation to ensure your rights are protected and you experience a safe, fair and equitable service.
OUR POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
The following Policies and Procedures underpin The Centre for U’s operations. You can access the following policies and procedures here. Please contact administration should you require more information:
- Attendance and Absenteeism
- Assessment Appeals
- Access and Equity
- Student Complaints and Appeals
- Marketing and Advertising
- Code of Conduct – Students
- Fees, Charges, Cancellations and Refunds
- Health and Safety
- Student Support
- Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer
- Unique Student Identifier
The Centre for U supports the privacy and confidentiality of its students. Information is collected and stored in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. Certain general, non-specific information such as location, sex, age and results may be passed on to agencies to inform future funding arrangements and/or statistical data gathering requirements.
We will not give out your information to any person or agency without your permission unless we are required to do so by law.
The Centre for U complies with the Australian Privacy Principles which are outlined in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act 1988.
Access to Your Records
If you wish to access your student information file, this can be done via the Student Portal. You will be given access to the Student Portal when your enrolment is confirmed. Alternatively, you can direct requests to access your records to our administrations team at [email protected]