Mental Health in the Workplace
Are you OK? – Learn how to look out for your wellbeing and the wellbeing of your workmates.
Mental Health Education Seminar
This Mental Health Education program explores some of the causes of mental stress. We have a look at common mental health disorders in Australia, how best to manage and identify these issues and offer tips in how to assist people struggling with these disorders to get professional help and advice.
If you require immediate support, please call Protect Counselling on 1300 725 881.
This service is free to ETU members, their families, and all Victorian union members.
BOOK YOUR SEMINAR NOW
If there are no dates available you can call us on 1800 270 875 or send us an enquiry.
Duration: 2 hours
Location: Centre for U – Level 3, 200 Arden Street, North Melbourne
This Mental Health Education program explores some of the causes of mental stress. We look at the situations that can trigger individuals, how best to manage and identify these circumstances and put changes in place to minimize risk.
After this training you will:
- Look at common mental health disorders in Australia
- Examine the negative impact of workplace behaviours, of bullying, poor work culture, and organisational failure on mental health
- Learn to recognise the signs and symptoms of depression, anxiety and other psychological injury (in ourselves and in others)
- Examine the links between depression, chronic anxiety and self-harm and suicide
- Discuss strategies for STARTING A CONVERSATION with friends, family or fellow workers who may be struggling with these disorders or carrying suicidal thoughts
- Discuss strategies for assisting people struggling with these disorders to get professional help and advice
- Learn where help and advice may be found if struggling with your own mental health
Eligibility – Support Services
To access Support Services for free, you must be:
- A financial ETU member (includes suspended up to six (6) months)
- An ETU member for more than three (3) months
- A family member (of an eligible ETU member) who fits the definition
- A member of a Victorian union
For more information read our Eligibility Policy
Post completion, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance.