Eligibility for free services
Member Eligibility – Upskilling Services
To access the Upskilling Services for free, ETU members must be:
- Financial (includes suspended up to six (6) months)
- A member for more than three (3) months
Proof of unemployment is required at the time of booking and needs to be no more than six (6) months old. If you do not provide proof of unemployment within 10 days your registration will be forfeited/rejected. Suitable proof is in the form of:
- Employment Separation Certificate
- Redundancy/Termination Notice
- Last Payslip
- Statutory Declaration (stating that the individual has not been working on the tools/earning an income)
Employed ETU members requesting to access upskilling training at a discount will need to be financial.
Registered Electrical Contractors are not eligible for free Upskilling services.
Eligibility – Support Services
To access Support Services for free, you must be:
- A financial ETU member (includes suspended up to six (6) months)
- An ETU member for more than three (3) months
- A family member (of an eligible ETU member) who fits the definition
Financial – For an ETU member or their family to access free services, the member must have paid their membership (relates to all services).
Unemployed – For an ETU member to access free training, they must be unemployed and not be earning an income. (relates to Upskilling Services)
Family member – For a family member of an ETU member to access free services, they must be:
- A spouse, de facto or partner (of an ETU member)
- Children including step children and adopted children (of an ETU member)
- Uncles, aunties, cousins
To learn more contact us today