Take the lead – Become a Registered Electrical Contractor and operate your own business
Registered Electrical Contractors (REC) Course
Conduct an electrical contracting business (VU21527)
Completing this course will allow you to register for Energy Safe Victoria’s Registered Electrical Contractors Licence and will equip you with all the knowledge you need to jump start an electrical contracting business.
This training is free to unemployed ETU members.
Duration: 6 days
Dates: 6-7, 13-14 and 27-28 November
Location: The Centre for U – Level 3, 200 Arden Street, North Melbourne Victoria
Topics covered are:
- General feel of small business in the market place.
- Business structure and occupational health and safety
- Business planning, understanding business plans and cash projections
- Business planning and manpower planning, legal aspects of being an REC.
- Understanding the concepts of tenders
- Marketing and developing marketing plans
- Accounting and accounting structures
- Accounting records, business plans and cash flows
- Tax and introduction to GST, including completing Business Activity Statements
Box Hill Institute – TOID 4687
Delivery mode is face-to-face training and includes a knowledge assessment.
Topics covered will provide you with the knowledge and skills to ensure regulatory, technical, and occupational and workplace relations requirements are met in conducting a contracting business.
Statement of Results with the following State accredited unit will be issued:
- VU21527 – Conduct an Electrical Contracting Business
Unemployed Member: FREE
Employed Member: $585
Non Member: $650
Employed members and non-members to pay the associated fees directly with the training provider.
Eligibility for Free Training
To access the Upskilling Services for free, ETU members must be:
- Financial (includes suspended up to six (6) months)
- A member for more than three (3) months
Proof of unemployment will be required. For more information read our Eligibility Policy
Unique Student Identification (USI) – As of 1st of January 2015, the Australian Government introduced compulsory USI numbers. The USI is a reference number that gives you access to your USI account. A USI will allow you to see your results from all training providers including all completed units and qualifications.
Please ensure that you have obtained your USI and provide it to the training provider. The process takes a couple of minutes, is free and available online at http://www.usi.gov.au.
When you register with us, we will send you a confirmation email with details on how to enrol and pay with the Training Provider.