Take the lead – Become a Registered Electrical Contractor and operate your own business
Registered Electrical Contractors (REC) Course ETF13
Completing this course will allow you to register for Energy Safe Victoria’s Registered Electrical Contractors Licence and will equip you with all the knowledge you need to jump start an electrical contracting business.
This training is free to unemployed ETU members.
Duration: 6 days (non consecutive) Thursday 18th March, Friday 19th March, Thursday 25th March, Friday 26th March, Wednesday 31st March and Thursday 1st of April.
Location: The Centre for U – Level 3, 200 Arden Street, North Melbourne
Topics covered are:
- Overview of small business in the market place
- Work and occupational health and safety requirements of a small business
- Business planning, understanding business plans and goal setting
- Staffing requirements
- Regulatory and legal aspects associated with being a REC
- Understanding costing, estimating and tendering
- Marketing, promotion and developing a marketing plan
- Accounting and business structures
- Recording keeping, set-up costs and cash flow
- Taxation requirements, ABN, introduction to GST and Activity Statements
- Internet access
- Zoom App on laptop/computer
- Camera on laptop/computer
- Microphone or headset/headphones
- Pen and paper or relevant software for not taking
- Mobile phone for backup with Zoom app
- Work book provided by Box Hill Institute
Delivery mode is face to face training and includes a knowledge assessment.
Topics covered will provide you with the knowledge and skills to ensure regulatory, taxation, and occupational and workplace relations requirements are met in conducting a contracting business.
Statement of Results with the following unit code will be issued:
- ETF13 Registered Electrical Contractors Course
Unemployed ETU Member: FREE
Employed ETU Member: $585
Non Member: $650
Eligibility for Free Training
To access the Upskilling Services for free, ETU members must be:
- Financial (includes suspended up to six (6) months)
- A member for more than three (3) months
- A family member (of an eligible ETU member) who fits the definition
For more information read our Eligibility Policy
Unique Student Identification (USI) – As of 1st of January 2015, the Australian Government introduced compulsory USI numbers. The USI is a reference number that gives you access to your USI account. A USI will allow you to see your results from all training providers including all completed units and qualifications.
Please ensure that you have obtained your USI and provide it to the training provider. The process takes a couple of minutes, is free and available online at http://www.usi.gov.au.
When you register with us, we will send you a confirmation email with details on how to enrol and pay with the Training Provider.