HSR Initial OHS Training Course
Health and Safety Representatives Initial OHS Training Course
If you are a Health and Safety Representative (HSR) in the electrical industry, this course is designed for you!
It will equip you with the confidence, skills and knowledge to represent your co-workers and to help make your workplace safer.
This course is for elected HSRs and deputy HSRs.
This service is free for ETU members.
BOOK YOUR TRAINING NOW
If there are no dates available you can call us on 1800 270 875 or send us an enquiry.
Duration: 5 days (8:00am – 4:00pm daily)
Location: The Centre for U – Level 3, 200 Arden Street, North Melbourne Victoria
The course is tailored to the electrical trade and you will learn how to:
- Interpret the Occupational Health and Safety legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR
- Identify key parties and their legislative obligations and duties
- Issue a Provisional Notice (PIN) and direct the Cessation of Work
- Represent designated work group members in an OHS risk management process undertaken by the appropriate duty holder/s
- Participate in consultation and issue resolution
- Establish representation in the workplace
WorkSafe Approved Training Course
The ETU is approved by WorkSafe to deliver HSR training in Victoria.
The Centre for U follow the WorkSafe Underpinning Principles with adult learning principles at its core. There is no formal assessment.
After completing this course, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Unemployed ETU Member: FREE
Employed ETU Member: FREE
Non Member: $943.00
Eligibility for Free Training
- Members must be financial (includes suspended up to six (6) months)
- Must be an ETU member for more than three (3) months.
For more information read our Eligibility for free services Policy
HSRs and Deputy HSRs are entitled to undertake WorkSafe Victoria approved OHS training and choose their training course in conjunction with their employer. This is outlined in section 67 of the OH&S Act 2004.
- You must attend all 5 days of training to receive a Certificate of Attendance.
- If you fall absent, make-up classes will be available.
- If you are absent the first day of the Initial course, you will be transferred to the next available course.
- You must complete the HSR Initial OHS training course within 6 months of its commencement.
Note: We accept registrations up to 20 working days prior to the course start date.
Regional or enterprise based courses are delivered on an as-needs basis. Please contact The Centre for U on 1800 270 875 to discuss your needs.