Autism Information Session
Understand and assist – Gain insights to better understand and assist autistic people.
Autism Awareness Training
This session will help you to understand what autism spectrum disorder is, how it affects a person’s behaviour and how you can support and assist autistic people.
This service is free to ETU members, their families, and all Victorian union members.
Duration: 2 hours
Location: The Centre for U – Level 3, 200 Arden Street, North Melbourne Victoria
This session is co presented with both an Amaze facilitator and an autistic self-advocate. After this training you will:
- Know what autism spectrum disorder is and how it effects a person’s behaviour
- Understand how sensory processing differences impact on a persons and how they engage with the environment
- Recognise the thinking styles that autistic people have and where support may be required
- Identify and apply basic support strategies to assist autistic people
Eligibility – Support Services
To access Support Services for free, you must be:
- A financial ETU member (includes suspended up to six (6) months)
- An ETU member for more than three (3) months
- A family member (of an eligible ETU member) who fits the definition
- A member of a Victorian union
For more information read our Eligibility Policy