Autism Information Session
Understand and assist – Gain insights to better understand and assist autistic people.
Autism Awareness Training
This session will help you to understand what autism spectrum disorder is, how it affects a person’s behaviour and how you can support and assist autistic people.
This service is free to ETU members, their families, and all Victorian union members.
BOOK YOUR SEMINAR NOW
If there are no dates available you can call us on 1800 270 875 or send us an enquiry.
Duration: 2 hours
Location: The Centre for U – Level 3, 200 Arden Street, North Melbourne Victoria
This session is co presented with both an Amaze facilitator and an autistic self-advocate. After this training you will:
- Know what autism spectrum disorder is and how it effects a person’s behaviour
- Understand how sensory processing differences impact on a persons and how they engage with the environment
- Recognise the thinking styles that autistic people have and where support may be required
- Identify and apply basic support strategies to assist autistic people
Eligibility – Support Services
To access Support Services for free, you must be:
- A financial ETU member (includes suspended up to six (6) months)
- An ETU member for more than three (3) months
- A family member (of an eligible ETU member) who fits the definition
- A member of a Victorian union
For more information read our Eligibility Policy