Remote Consultation Myotherapy
Look after you – Take action to prevent injuries.
Who is it for?
- Anyone, who may consider seeking assistance with pain and or injury!
- If you currently have pain or an injury and aren’t able to, or don’t feel comfortable, attending a clinic in person this is for you.
- Plus if you are working from home and aren’t coming into your usual workplace, this might be a better option for the immediate future.
How does it work?
- You’ll receive an invite to a video call.
- Much like an in person consultation, the session will begin with taking a history of what’s happening for you or how you’re progressing if you’re an existing client.
- I’ll conduct a movement assessment and then guide you through some tests of the affected body part/s if relevant.
- Based on the outcomes of the history and assessment I’ll advise on any treatment work you can do yourself and I’ll put together a personalised rehabilitation program for you, available via smart phone or in your web browser.
- Each program has ongoing messaging through the app available to stay in touch and on top of any changes we might need to make along the way.
This service is free to ETU members and their families.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT NOW
If there are no dates available you can call us on 1800 270 875 or send us an enquiry.
Duration: 45 minutes
Myotherapy is used in the treatment of acute and chronic conditions and preventive management. Myotherapists treat various issues such as stiffness and soreness, chronic pain and overuse syndromes, symptoms associated with arthritis, chronic musculoskeletal conditions and assists with past injuries. They can also support recovery and return to regular activity following surgery and/or extended periods of inactivity.
The following are some of the specific conditions you may seek myotherapy treatment for:
- Back, hip, neck, shoulder, knee or hip pain
- Headaches & migraines
- Stress and tension
- Specific event preparation (eg: Marathon)
These sessions are one-on-one with a qualified myotherapist.
Note: Maximum 2 sessions per person per year. For further sessions, the myotherapist will refer you to a local provider to support ongoing treatment.
Eligibility – Support Services
To access Support Services for free, you must be:
- A financial ETU member (includes suspended up to six (6) months)
- An ETU member for more than three (3) months
- A family member (of an eligible ETU member) who fits the definition
For more information read our Eligibility Policy
Muscle & Move Myotherapy