Emergency Transport Cover
Emergency help – We’ll pick up the ambulance bill.
Emergency medical transport services are not free and not covered by Medicare. If you are a financial ETU member that meets the eligibility criteria and, you or your family require the use of an ambulance, we’ll cover the cost.
Coverage is equivalent to an annual subscription from Ambulance Victoria, which can save members $550 – $11,000.
If you require an ambulance immediately, call 000.
What you’re covered for
The Emergency Transport Benefit covers a wide range of authorised ambulance transport from a variety of providers for you, your spouse/partner and children. Including:
- Emergency ambulance transport throughout Australia, including by air
- MICA (Mobile Intensive Care Ambulance) attendance and/ or treatment
- Newborn Emergency Transport Services (NETS)
- Medically authorised non- emergency patient transport
- Ambulance treatment when transport is not required
Call the the Centre for U for support on 1800 270 875.
Terms and Conditions:
- You must be a financial member of the union at the time of claim. Interstate members must join the Victorian Branch in order to access the scheme.
- Spouse/partner is defined under legislation. This benefit is not payable upon the death of an ex-spouse or ex-partner.
- The scheme covers member’s children (under the age of 17 years), and/or the children of their partner, including adopted or foster children, or a child where the member or their partner is responsible.
- The scheme covers member’s children who are full time students up until the age of 25. Members need to provide evidence of the students’ study status (such as a student ID card issued annually by the educational institution the child attends). Where a student is awaiting placement at an educational institution, coverage will continue up until 31 March of the year for which they applied for the placement.
- The scheme does not include the parents of adult members or any other family member not defined as ‘Immediate Family Member’ under the Rules.