Skin and Health Checks
It all checks out – Find, prevent and reduce the effect of any health issues, including professional skin checks to examine your skin, beyond what the naked eye can see.
Heart Health Checks
Our heart health checks are designed to provide a detailed check of your current health status and covers a range of risk areas. The check is a personal, comprehensive and confidential assessment that includes:
- Blood pressure
- Blood glucose
- Total cholesterol
- Resting heart rate
- Physical activity
- Diet and nutrition
- Waist circumference
- Smoking and alcohol
- Lifestyle counselling
- Results consultation
- Results booklet
Two in three Australians will be diagnosed with skin cancer by the age of 70. Skin cancer counts for 50 per cent of all cancers in Australia. Outdoor workers have a particularly high risk of skin cancer however; indoor workers also have a high risk of melanoma because they spend most of the week inside but are exposed to short bursts of intense sunlight on weekends and holidays. You skin check will include:
- A full body examination from head to toe. Participants can also opt to focus on a particular area of concern. Note that participants will need to expose the areas they want checked.
- Information on skin cancer prevention and sun protection
- How to recognise malignant melanoma
- A ‘how to’ guide on performing a self-examination
This service is free to ETU members and their families.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT NOW
If there are no dates available you can call us on 1800 270 875 or send us an enquiry.
Duration: 30 minutes
Location: The Centre for U – Level 3, 200 Arden Street, North Melbourne Victoria
Health Checks – find out about your heart health in our 15-minute confidential heart health check. The check includes; blood pressure, blood glucose, total cholesterol, body composition and lifestyle counselling.
Skin Cancer Checks – this 15-minute confidential skin cancer check allows for a full body examination from head to toe or you can opt to focus on a specific area of concern.
Eligibility – Support Services
To access Support Services for free, you must be:
- A financial ETU member (includes suspended up to six (6) months)
- An ETU member for more than three (3) months
- A family member (of an eligible ETU member) who fits the definition
For more information read our Eligibility Policy