Train Track Safety Awareness
Get on track – Expand your opportunities and learn how to spot hazards and work safely in the rail corridor
This course is the initial introduction to enable people to safely work in the Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) Rail Network. This course is designed to provide learners with the fundamental knowledge and skills required to safely access the rail corridor, access the danger zone and respond to an emergency.
This training is free to unemployed ETU members.
ENROL HERE NOW
If there are no dates available you can call us on 1800 270 875 or send us an enquiry.
Duration: 1 day
Location: 8-10 Sloane St, Maribrynong VIC 3032
In this course you will learn about:
- Common terminology used in the rail corridor.
- Safe Places, Danger Zones and Restricted Locations in the rail corridor.
- Hazards and risk and suitable control measures associated with working in the rail corridor.
- Policies and procedures to follow when working in the MTM rail infrastructure.
- Safety critical and emergency communication.
- Personal measures to enable you to turn up for work Fit for Duty.
- Appropriate PPE to be worn in the rail corridor.
Training Ahead Australia (RTO: 45462)
All training and assessment for this course is provided by Training Ahead Australia (RTO: 45462).
Performance assessment and closed book knowledge assessment.
Participants who are deemed competent in knowledge and practical assessments will receive:
- An MTM Train Track Safety Awareness (TTSA) Certificate of Completion. The TTSA Certificate of Completion is valid for two years. Applicants are required to complete a TTSA refresher through Metro Academy after 24 months of issue of the Certificate of Completion to maintain currency.
- A nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency TLIF0020 Safely access the rail corridor.
Unemployed ETU Member: FREE
Employed ETU Member: $247.50
Eligibility for Free Training
- Members must be financial (includes suspended up to six (6) months)
- Must be an ETU member for more than three (3) months.
For more information read our Eligibility for free services Policy
Pre-requisites – Nil
You need to demonstrate that you have the required level of languarge, literacy and numeracy (LLN) to complete this course, therefore you will need to complete an LLN assessment prior to commencing training.
If you have completed the unit Metro Train Track Safety Awareness training previously with any Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and you work in the Melbourne Metro Network, please contact the Metro Academy to complete your Re-certification (renewal).
To work on the V/Line network, the Contractor Induction (available online and free here) must also be completed.
Unique Student Identification (USI) – As of 1st of January 2015, the Australian Government introduced compulsory USI numbers. The USI is a reference number that gives you access to your USI account. A USI will allow you to see your results from all training providers including all completed units and qualifications. Please ensure that you have obtained your USI and provide it to the training provider. The process takes a couple of minutes, is free and available online at http://www.usi.gov.au.