This practical course further develops your testing and fault-finding skills.
This course is aimed at bringing your mandatory testing skills and knowledge up to speed. It’s also a great follow up course from CPD should you be seeking to further develop your confidence testing and fault finding on electrical installations.
For A-Grade electricians, this course is designed to develop confidence with testing and fault finding to further ensure safety, currency and compliancy.
This training is free to unemployed and employed ETU members*
* Conditions apply, please see here.
ENROL HERE NOW
If there are no dates available you can call us on 1800 270 875 or send us an enquiry.
Duration: 1 day, 7.30am start time.
Location: The Centre for U – Ground Floor, 200 Arden Street, North Melbourne Victoria.
This one-day upskilling course uses practical application to covers licensing responsibilities, testing standards and relevant clauses. It is designed to refresh your current skills to ensure confidence when testing, and that you work safely in a compliant manner. You will further develop your skills to carry out the required mandatory tests in line with the following standards and regulations:
- AS/NZS 3000:2018 Electrical installations (Australian/New Zealand Wiring Rules)
- AS/NZS 3017:2007 Electrical installations – Verification guidelines
- Electricity Safety (General) Regulations 2019
- Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2017 (OHS Regulations 2017)
Training is both skills and knowledge based. No formal assessment is undertaken, however satisfactory completion of all tasks is required to receive a certificate.
On successful completion of the course, you will be issued with a Certificate of Completion.
Unemployed ETU Member: FREE
Employed ETU Member: $200
Eligibility for Free Training
- Members must be financial (includes suspended up to six (6) months)
- Must be an ETU member for more than three (3) months.
For more information read our Eligibility for free services Policy
Participants must hold a current Electrician’s Licence.