Licensed Electrician Theory (LET) Assessment
Licensed Electrician’s Assessment (LEA)-Licensed Electrician Theory (LET) Assessment
Licensed Electrician Theory Assessment (LET) assesses a broad range of knowledge related to Australian Standards and Regulations
Head to FESConnect to book in your assessment. Dates and times are listed below.
Duration: 2 hours 15 minutes (including reading time)
Location: The Centre for U – Level 3, 200 Arden Street, North Melbourne Victoria.
An electrician’s licence entitles the licence holder to carry out all types of electrical installation work in Victoria without supervision. To obtain an electrician’s licence, Energy Safe Victoria (ESV), the electrical safety and technical regulator, specifies that an apprentice electrician must satisfactorily complete the Licensed Electrician’s Assessment (LEA) conducted by an approved assessment centre. The LEA is a combination of three assessments; the SWP, LET and LEP that are undertaken on separately. Future Energy Skills is approved to conduct the SWP and LET assessments at the Centre for U by ESV. All assessments have a minimum pass mark of 75%.
Future Energy Skills
Licensed Electrician Theory Assessment (LET) assesses a broad range of knowledge related to Australian Standards and Regulations. After satisfactorily completing your SWP, LET and LEP you will be eligible to apply for your electrcial licence.
Obtaining an Electrician’s Licence in Victoria
You may apply to ESV for an Electrician’s licence if you fall under one of the following categories:
- satisfactorily completed the Licensed Electrician’s Assessment (LEA)
- hold a Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician or equivalent
- completed a four-year contract of training as an apprentice electrician, including at least 12 months’ experience carrying out electrical installation work with written confirmation by the employer.
- a letter of completion confirming the completion of your apprenticeship from the VRQA
- the application fee.
All members to pay the associated fees directly with Future Energy Skills
Eligibility for Free Training
Unemployed ETU Member (Apprentices): FREE*
To be eligible to undertake the LEA, the following pre-requisites are required:
- Signed Authorisation to Undertake form from a Registered Training Organisation; or
- Electrician (Supervised) Licence (ES Class); or
- Supervised Worker’s Licence (L Class); or
- Electrician’s (A Class) license. This is required for REC Technical Assessment; or
- Offshore Technical Skills Record (OTSR) or Australian Recognised Trade Certificate (ARTC); or
If your licence has expired, ESV must provide approval for you to sit the assessment. To apply for LEA authorisation, email a copy of your trade certificate and expired licence details to firstname.lastname@example.org and include information on why you are making the request.
To view examples of the required pre-requisite documentation, click here.
These are the dates for LET at the Centre for U:
- Monday 12th July 2021 – 4:30pm to 6.45pm
- Monday 9th August 2021 – 4:30pm to 6.45pm
For bookings and fees please visit FESconnect and select Centre for U at North Melbourne.