CPR & Low Voltage Rescue
Learn how to perform CPR and rescue a person from a live low voltage panel.
- HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- UETDRMP007 Perform rescue from a low voltage panel
This course provides you with the skills and knowledge to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation and perform rescue from a live LV Panel.
If you require immediate support, please call 000.
This training is free to unemployed and employed ETU members*
* Conditions apply, please see here.
ENROL HERE NOW
If there are no dates available you can call us on 1800 270 875 or send us an enquiry.
- 1 day face-to-face. 7.30am start time.
- North Melbourne – The Centre for U, Ground Floor, 200 Arden St, North Melbourne
- Geelong – 67 Gheringhap Street, Geelong
- Morwell – 42 Buckley Street, Morwell
At the end of this course you will learn how to:
- recognise and respond to an emergency
- possess skills and knowledge to perform CPR in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines
- assess the scene and casualty and identify and minimise risks
- be able to use various manual handling techniques
- have the skills and knowledge to rescue a person in contact with low voltage live electrical conductors and equipment
- know how to carry out a risk assessment of an electrically hazardous situation and to perform low voltage rescue procedures
Training delivery is face-to-face on premises and includes a combination of theory and practical training.
To demonstrate your understanding of the course, a range of assessment methods will be used including written questions and demonstration of practical skills. All training and assessment is completed under the rules of evidence and principles of assessment.
If you are interested in applying for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), please refer to the Student Handbook for further details.
After successfully completing this course, you will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the units of competency – UETDRRF004 Perform Rescue from a Live LV Panel & HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
Unemployed ETU Member: FREE
Employed ETU Member: $110
Eligibility for Free Training
- Members must be financial (includes suspended up to six (6) months)
- Must be an ETU member for more than three (3) months.
For more information read our Eligibility for free services Policy
Pre-requisites – Students need to complete HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation prior to completing UETDRMP007 Perform rescue from a low voltage panel.
You need to demonstrate that you have the required level of languarge, literacy and numeracy (LLN) to complete this course, therefore you will need to complete an LLN assessment prior to commencing your pre-learning.
Unique Student Identification (USI) – As of 1st of January 2015, the Australian Government introduced compulsory USI numbers. The USI is a reference number that gives you access to your USI account. A USI will allow you to see your results from all training providers including all completed units and qualifications. Please ensure that you have obtained your USI and provide it to the training provider. The process takes a couple of minutes, is free and available online at http://www.usi.gov.au.