Construction Wiring Refresher
Refresh your knowledge in performing wiring on construction and demolition sites
Construction Wiring – Refresher Course
If your accreditation is nearing expiry (3 years), this Construction Wiring Refresher course provides an update on the required knowledge and skills for the installation and maintenance of construction wiring on building and demolition sites.
The ETU played a pivotal role in developing the Construction Wiring Course (Refresher), which is endorsed by WorkSafe and Energy Safe Victoria.
This training is free to unemployed and employed ETU members*
* Conditions apply, please see here.
ENROL HERE NOW
If there are no dates available you can call us on 1800 270 875 or send us an enquiry.
Duration: 2 days. 7.30am start time.
Location: The Centre for U – Ground Floor, 200 Arden Street, North Melbourne Victoria
The Construction Wiring and Mandatory Testing Course provides electricians with the underpinning skills, knowledge and competency for the installation and maintenance of construction wiring and carry out the required mandatory tests on building and demolition sites in line with current;
- AS/NZS 3000:2018 Electrical installations (Australian/New Zealand Wiring Rules)
- AS/NZS 3012:2019, Electrical installations – Construction and demolition sites, and other relevant standards.
- AS/NZS 3017:2007 Electrical installations – Verification guidelines
- AS/NZS 4836:2011 Safe working on or near low-voltage electrical installations and equipment
- Service & Installation Rules 2014
- Electricity Safety (General) Regulations 2019
- Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2017 (OHS Regulations 2017)
- LEGAL FRAMEWORK
- HAZARD IDENTIFICATION, RISK ASSESSMENT AND RISK CONTROL
- LEGAL AUTHORITY AND DEFINITIONS
- MULTIPLE EARTHED NEUTRAL (MEN) SYSTEM
- CONSTRUCTION WIRING
- CONSTRUCTION SITE SWITCHBOARDS
- PROTECTION OF FINAL SUB-CIRCUITS
- EARTH LEAKAGE PROTECTION
- LIFT SHAFTS
- SITE SHEDS
- FLEXIBLE EXTENSION CORDS
- PERIODIC INSPECTION OF ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT
- ALTERATIONS TO ELECTRICAL INSTALLATIONS
This course is a combination of knowledge and applied learning delivery. The training is delivered through the following approaches:
- Educator led face-to-face delivery.
- Class demonstrations by the educator.
- Mandatory testing tasks through BesTech testing boards programmed with various multiple faults that students need to test, identify, and then link to AS/NZS.
Training is both skills and knowledge based. No formal assessment is undertaken, however satisfactory completion of all tasks is required to receive a certificate.
On successful completion of the course, you will be issued with a Certificate of Completion.
Unemployed ETU Member: FREE
Employed ETU Member: $540
Eligibility for Free Training
- Members must be financial (includes suspended up to six (6) months)
- Must be an ETU member for more than three (3) months.
For more information read our Eligibility for free services Policy
You must hold a current Electrician’s Licence.
It is recommended that this refresher course is undertaken every three years.