Open, safe & here for you.
The Centre for U is committed to the ongoing support we provide to electrical workers and their families, particularly during this COVID-19 crisis.
The Centre for U will remain open and continue delivering the first-class upskilling training we pride ourselves on. However due to our proximity to known COVID clusters and hotspots there will be some changes to our day to day operations.
In order to protect the health and wellbeing of all, we will be implementing the following measures:
- Many of our support services will now be delivered via webinar or video calls,
- All visitors and students must sign in and have their temperature checked by reception upon arrival,
- All visitors and students will need to confirm they have not been in any close contact with active COVID-19 cases,
- The DHHS’s physical distancing guidelines will be observed at all times within our facilities,
- Upskilling training will be capped at 10 students per class
- COVID-19 controls will be outlined to students at the beginning of class,
- Hand sanitiser will be stationed in each classroom,
- Washing of hands will be encouraged at intervals during class,
- Face masks are mandatory at all times except during the DHHS’s state exceptions,
- The daily cleaning of our facilities will be increased,
- Students are discouraged to visit the surrounding shops and services – catering will continue to be provided as part of all of our upskilling training,
- Signs and posters about hygiene and distancing will be placed around the Centre,
- Electrical test board and other practical training equipment will require the use of latex gloves and will be disinfected post each use, and;
- Our friendly team will be working to a COVID-19 safe work plan.
By implementing these measures we will be able to continue to deliver training and support in a safe and hygienic environment. The Centre for U remains here for you.