Help when you need it most – Funeral cover for you or your loved ones.
We provide members with peace of mind during times of grief. Funeral expenses of up to $7,000 are covered for financial ETU members and their spouse/partner. Honorary members and their partners are covered for up to $3,500.If you need to make a claim or ask a question about this benefit, please contact our Claims Officer on 1800 270 875 or submit an enquiry below.
This service is free to ETU members and their families.
While we can do our best to live long, happy and healthy lives, at some point there comes a time to say goodbye to our loved ones.
According to MoneySmart, a funeral can cost up to $15,000 in Australia. Our Funeral Benefit ensures that the financial pressure is lessened when a loved one passes away.
How to qualify
The Funeral Benefit is free for all financial and honorary members of the union (and their spouse/partner).
How it Works
- The union considers each ETU Funeral Benefit claim on the basis of need, then refers it to the Board of Trustees for approval.
- The ETU Victorian Branch’s Distress and Mortality Trust (D&MT) pays the benefit.
- The ETU Funeral Benefit will be paid to the next-of-kin, and has no bequeath beneficiary.
Terms and Conditions:
- To qualify for the ETU Funeral Benefit you need to be a financial member of ETU Victorian Branch at the time of claiming the benefit, and also have contributed fees to the Branch for the preceding 12 months.
- This benefit is not available if a member pays their ETU membership dues through payroll deductions.
- Only an immediate family member (spouse or dependant) is eligible to claim this payment.
- An applicant for the Funeral Benefit must submit their claim in writing within three months of the member or spouse’s death (claim form below).
- Spouse/partner is defined under legislation. This benefit is not payable upon the death of an ex-spouse or ex-partner.
- Estimated savings are based on flat rate, without regard to age-based premiums available by some insurers.