Fees, Charges, Cancellations and Refunds
1. Fees, Charges, Cancellations and Refunds Policy
The Centre for U has the responsibility to provide clients with clear and accessible information about fees, charges and refunds.
To ensure that clients have access to relevant and clear information about fees, charges and refunds including:
- How fees are charged including payment terms
- What they cover
- What measures are in place to protect students from financial loss
- Eligibility for refunds
This policy applies to the administration and application of fees, charges, cancellations and refunds applicable to the provision of training provided by the Centre for U.
The Centre for U is committed to ethical financial management practices and these include a fair and reasonable approach to the setting and refund of fees to students enrolled in training courses.
Setting Fees and Charges
- Fees and charges are set by the Chief Executive Officer
- Current fees are published on the website and will include a breakdown of charges including: course fees, materials fees and any other charges
- Fees and charges will be reviewed annually and adjusted accordingly.
Course Fee Inclusions
- Unless otherwise specified, course fees include the cost of all training and assessment materials, administration fees and material fees.
- Course fees include the issuance of certificates upon completion or withdrawal from a course.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- RPL fees are a flat rate of $100 per unit.
- For students applying for RPL, the tuition fees for the relevant qualification or unit will be adjusted.
- The Centre for U recognised AQF qualification and statements of attainment that are issued by other RTOs.
- There is no charge for Credit Transfer and the tuition fees for the relevant qualification or unit will be adjusted.
- The Centre for U will not accept payment of more than $1000 from each individual student prior to the commencement of the course.
- Following course commencement, the Centre for U will not require a student to pay more than $1000 in advance for services not yet provided, either prior to course commencement or at any stage during their course.
- Where course fees are $1000 or less, the Centre for U will collect the full amount on enrolment.
- Where course fees exceed $1000, the Centre for U may establish a payment plan for the student ensuring that at any given time, the total amount required to be paid will not exceed $1000 for training services yet to be delivered.
Cancellations and Refunds
- If a student withdraws from a course after commencement of the course, all tuition fees are non-refundable or transferrable.
- If a student withdraws from a course 5 business days or more prior to the commencement of the course a full refund is available.
- If a student withdraws from a course less than 5 business days from commencement a $70 cancellation fee will be applied.
- Exemptions to the refunds policy may be applied for medical grounds or extenuating personal circumstances. Students will be required to apply in writing to the Chief Executive Officer and will be advised within 14 business days.
- In the event that the Centre for U is unable to deliver the course in full, the applicant will be offered a full refund or the opportunity to transfer to a new course if one is scheduled.
Setting fees and charges
- The Chief Executive Officer will determine the course fees and provide these in writing to the Training Administrator.
- The Training Administrator to update the fees and charges section of the website and notify all RTO staff in writing of the updated fees and charges and the effective date.
- The Chief Executive Officer to schedule an annual review of all fees and charges and follow the above process.
- The Training Administrator to ensure that where any course fees exceed $1,000, the VETenrol system will be set up to receive a maximum payment of $1,000.
- Where course fees exceed $1000, the Training Administrator may establish a payment plan.
- Prior to processing payments beyond the initial payment of a payment plan, the Training Administrator will check attendance and services rendered to the student to ensure that, the total amount required to be paid will not exceed $1,000 for training services yet to be delivered.
- The students will enrol in their chosen course via The Centre for U website. The enrolment process will require the student to pay their fees in full (where the fee does not exceed $1,000).
- Students will agree to terms and conditions and process their payment via credit card or debit card.
- On a daily basis the Training Administrator will receive an auto generated list of student enrolments. The Training Administrator will review the enrolments and monitor class numbers and eligibility as per the enrolment process and accept or reject the enrolment
- Where an enrolment is accepted, the VETenrol system will automatically generate an acceptance email
- Where an enrolment is rejected, the Training Administrator will contact that student to advise of the reason that the enrolment has not been accepted. The student to receive a full refund (processed by the Training Administrator)
- On a daily basis, the Training Administrator will check VETenrol and monitor class numbers as per the enrolment policy.
RPL and Credit Transfer
- If RPL or Credit Transfer has been granted the Training Administrator will calculate the cost and fee adjustment as per the RPL/Credit Transfer policy.
- The Training Administrator to complete the Refund Approval Form and submit to the Chief Executive Officer for approval within 5 business days.
- The Training Administrator to notify the student in writing of the refund or fee adjustment and process via VETenrol.
Cancellations and Refunds
- Students must notify the Training Administrator
in writing of their decision to withdraw from
- The Training Administrator to log the request on the Refund Register.
- The Training Administrator to review the request and complete the Refund Approval Form and submit to the Chief Executive Officer for consideration.
- The Training Administrator to advise the student in writing of the outcome within 5 working days.
- Where a refund is granted, the refund will be processed within 5 business days.
- Where units of competencies have been completed, the Training Administrator will create and issue a Statement of Attainment.
- The Training Administrator to update the student’s status in VETtrak to reflect the cancellation.
To learn more contact us today